My Home: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
My Cell Phone #: email me for my number
My Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
My Links: github.com/NickBrisebois | nick-b.ca
Hi! I am a graduate of Algonquin College's Computer Engineering Technology (CET) program and a programmer with experience in the Cyber Security industry. I spend a large portion of my free time working on personal projects, learning new libraries and trying to expand my general knowledge of the field. Some of my personal projects I'm proudest of are:
- A CHIP-8 interpreter written in C++.
- A chat AI powered by the GPT-2 language model, written in Python.
- A chat room web application written in NodeJS using Socket.IO.
- Programming in the following languages:
- Most Experienced: Go, Python, C++, C, Java
- Some Experience: Perl, PHP, Rust
- Experienced in low level technologies such as 68HCS12 assembly as well as the Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Experienced in Database Administration of Redis, Apache Cassandra, sqlite3, and MySQL.
- Experienced in Linux System Administration and the technologies that come with that:
- Docker + Docker-Compose
- Bash/Fish shells + scripting
- Creating and Managing Systemd, Upstart and SysVinit Services
RHEA Group: Junior Application Developer; (Sept. 8th, 2019 to Present)
- Acted as a System Administrator both solo and in a team keeping our company's product running smoothly.
- Hardened security of our databases using SSL/TLS Authentication both with Cassandra's native auth along with Stunnel.
- Converting full stack of applications to Docker containers and managing those containers.
- Programming back-end data management tools using Golang and Python.
- Automated process of onboarding new clients using Python. This took the time required to add new clients from a multi-day process to a 30 minute one.
- Reengineered legacy Perl code into cleaner and more efficient Python and Go programs
Correctional Service of Canada: Cloud/DevOps; (May 8th, 2019 to Aug. 30, 2019)
- Designed hardened network topology to use as proof of concept for Oracle Cloud.
- Wrote documentation for the operation of new software solutions.
- Researched and Implemented DEVOPS/SECOPS tools such as Pipelines, CI/CD, Automated Testing and Load Testing.
- Built a NodeJS application to use as a proof of concept for the Oracle Cloud platform.
Pivot & Edge: Junior Programmer; (January 2019 to April 2019)
- Developed a multi-platform employee advocacy app "Beap" using the MERN stack.
- Increased security in app by implementing JSON web tokens.
- Implemented Passport.JS to enable user authentication using other srevices.